About Glass Containers
How to use a rooting vessel:
- For Simplicity: Simply add water, drop in your cutting(s) and watch the roots develop.
- For Alure: Add small pebbles or river rock to the vessel to provide support for the plant to help it stand more upright once established. Add water and drop in your cutting(s).
- For Sharing: If your planning to transplant your rooted cutting, pack the container with sphagnum moss, wet and allow it to rehydrate for 30 minutes prior to use. Then drop in your cutting(s).
- Location: A well lit windowsill will suffice, however if your vessel is in full sun for more than a half hour we strongly recommend a tinted glass to prevent root damage, then you can determine the size and shape container you desire.
- How to select a vessel: It depends on your style, available space and what you plan on rooting, larger plants means a larger vessel. While making your choice don't forget about their other uses such as: Displaying bouquets, cut flowers, dried arrangements, colored stones (a layered black and white combination is very stylish) or flower buds with smaller sizes containers.
- You can fail: Sometimes roots simply do not form on the cuttings, some cuttings will root at the cut area and others will only root at a node. there may be a bit of trial and error involved before you are in full control.
Many of the containers we offer are globally sourced to provide you with some of the most unique designs offered. As we are with plants, we are constantly searching for the new and unusual to collect for ourselves and to share.
Disclaimer: All our containers are fine for growing plants but are not intended for food consumption or usage and can not be microwaved, they may crack or explode due to tiny air pockets that may be present. Many containers, even glass are hand-crafted and will have minor imperfections or sharp edges which adds to their uniqueness. We care about pets, these are not chew toys, as with any breakable object, please do not use as these containers as a food bowl, if broken sharp pieces are ingested they can cause harm. Measurements provided above may vary.